Port Hope Golf and Country Club
The magnificence of the Port Hope Golf and Country Club as it winds through the grounds of the historic Penryn Park on the bluffs of Lake Ontario is truly awe inspiring. Its design promotes a unique feel and distinction defined by a natural park setting. Full of thought-provoking ridges, the topography supports golf features that may be quite subtle or very bold. It is Lake Ontario however, that commands the most attention. Whether the view or ever-present winds, these are the elements that provide the backdrop to the early days of golfing in Canada.
As one of only five golf courses located on the shores of Lake Ontario in the province, Port Hope Golf and Country Club boasts 9 holes located on the water’s edge. All 18 holes provide vantage points by which to appreciate stunning views of the lake but none more breath-taking than that experienced as one drives their cart over the 220 clear span bridge custom built 60 feet above 4 railway lines.
Port Hope Golf Course Profile
- 18 Hole Championship design, Semi-Private Golf Course
- Well balanced and challenging design
- 3 Par fives, 10 Par fours & 5 Par threes
- Seven tee decks, a challenge for the most experienced golfer, with options for our Novice players or those new to the game.
- Blue = 6385 yards
- Blue/White = 6012 yards
- White = 5796 yards
- White/Yellow = 5324 yards
- Yellow = 5039 yards
- Yellow/Red = 4603 yards
- Red = 4253 yards
- Bent grass greens, bluegrass tees and fairways with top-quality well-groomed sand bunkers
- Huge elevation changes and a layout cut through unique bluffs and rolling hills.
- Offers golfers of all abilities a fun, challenging, and scenic round of golf
Penryn Park Weddings
The course layout integrates an interesting blend of nature and design. The generous fairways and gently contoured greens amidst a mature mixed forest setting are both inviting and enjoyable. Brilliant bunkers, refreshing lake breezes and dramatic changes in elevation add excitement to every round.
Port Hope Golf & Country Club is located just a short drive form the greater Toronto area and offers an intimate, country setting with an atmosphere unparalleled by any other golf course in Ontario. Situated less than 5 minutes off Highway 401 on the outskirts of downtown Port Hope, the Port Hope Golf and Country Club appeals to local golfers and their guests as well as those wishing to escape the city for a day on the links. See you there!
Nominated Golf Digest Remodel of the Year Award For
We have now completed our new layout of the Port Hope Golf and Country Club.
Join us for 12 or 18 holes on the scenic shores of Lake Ontario.